Monday 14 January 2008

Snippets of singledom...

One of the old Tradies saying to me..."Wow RHR, I've never realised how beautiful your eyes are."
And me replying..."that's because you've never looked me in the eyes before."

Sitting at a bonfire on the beach (several weeks ago now) while a prowling LLP settles himself on my yakhair pashmina (love that thing) alongside me, looks at me intensely and speaks in his special, very low, 'take me seriously and fuck me frivolously' voice.
The worst example of a sad single mum I know shows up. She's on a mission. Apparently he's it.
He's leaning in, I'm leaning away and she leaps in between us from five metres away, grabs him by the ears and tries to snare his tonsils FIVE INCHES FROM MY NOSE.
And, without blinking, he turns (only his head) to her and says "chill sweetheart, I said I'd root you" and goes back to talking to me.
Scary!

1 comment:

Outbackscorpio said...

Every time I need a laugh I come back here!! Thanks RHR!